This morning I awoke to the news of Android 2.2.1. This time around the rumour
mill didn’t catch it before launch but on the other hand…what does it do? I don’t really know since Google hasn’t published any blogpost, changelog or anything.
One thing I do know is that it updates something with the Exchange support (if you have an existing connection you’ll have to accept admin rights for the app that seems to be related to enforcing policies). I don’t have my own exchange server any more so I can’t really try it out and my Google Apps account is yet to show any changes. I’m guessing we will know more later today. No matter what, it’s nice to see Google keeping a high pace with updates for my lovely Nexus!
How to get it, if you don’t have the patience to wait for the Over The Air Update of course (translated from Swedroid):
Get the file (directly from Google) here (note, made for FRF91). Make sure you have at least around 75% battery remaining, you will not be happy if it shuts down during flash!
- Change the name of the zipfile to update.zip and put it directly in the root of your phone
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Down while pressing Power
- Choose the option Recovery (using volume keys and power to select)
- A screen with a Triangle and an Android will show up
- Press Volume Up and Power simultaneously
- Choose the option Apply sdcard:update.zip (using your Trackball)
- When its done, select Reboot
Welcome to a new updated version of Android :)