It’s time, took longer than I expected but now we have a link to get the GB update. So if you don’t have the patience, this is what you have to do to get Gingerbread up and running:
Get the file (directly from Google) here (note, made for FRG83G). Make sure you have at least around 75% battery remaining, you don’t want it shutting down during flash!
- Change the name of the zipfile to update.zip and put it directly in the root of your phone
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Down while pressing Power
- Choose the option Recovery (using volume keys and power to select)
- A screen with a Triangle and an Android will show up
- Press Volume Up and Power simultaneously
- Choose the option Apply sdcard:update.zip (using your Trackball)
- When its done, select Reboot
Welcome to a new updated version of Android :)
If you have a Nexus S it’s almost the same. Get one of these files:
On Nexus S you don’t have to rename the file, and you push [Volume Up] instead of down to boot into recovery.