My Nexus got a new two part update yesterday. I’m guessing that I wasn’t the only one jumping up and down hoping for Gingerbread (next major Android version) when it arrived but it turned out to be bugfixes and probably some preparations for Ginger.
Read about it here at Android Central.
Google comments via RyGuy in the support forum here.
And of course, if you can’t wait, get the file here (directly from Google) and update the same way we did last time:
Make sure you have at least around 75% battery remaining, you will not be happy if it shuts down during flash!
- Change the name of the zipfile to update.zip and put it directly in the root of your phone
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Down while pressing Power
- Choose the option Recovery (using volume keys and power to select)
- A screen with a Triangle and an Android will show up
- Press Volume Up and Power simultaneously
- Choose the option Apply sdcard:update.zip (using your Trackball)
- When its done, select Reboot
Then Tada! Nothing exiting happens. Your Android version is still 2.2.1 but your Build number changed to FRG83D.